Building An Obsession LLC
Building An Obsession, hereafter referred to as BAO, warrants all manufactured aquariums against external
seam leakage due to faulty craftsmanship for the lifetime of the aquarium only. This warranty is nontransferable
and is only available to the original purchaser who has completed a product registration form
below, mailed it to BAO within 10 days of purchase, has maintained a copy of the original receipt and can
offer the receipt as proof of purchase upon demand. If the receipt is from a local dealer/reseller, the receipt must specify BAO as the manufacturer.
What Does This Warranty Cover?
This warranty covers any defects or malfunctions in your new BAO Products.
How Long Does The Coverage Last?
This warranty lasts 1 year from the production date of the product. Coverage terminates if you sell or otherwise transfer the product.
What Will Building An Obsession LLC Do?
Building An Obsession LLC will repair or replace any defective or malfunctioning part at no charge. Determination of repairs or replacement is at Building An Obsession LLC’s discretion.
What Does This Warranty Not Cover?
Any problem that is caused by abuse, misuse, improper installation, exposure to chemicals or an act of God (such as a flood) are not covered. As is, reconditioned, scratch and dent, or repaired products are not applicable and carry no warranty. If the aquarium/ frag tank is not installed and maintained using a compatible stand purchased from BAO at the same time as the aquarium, this warranty is only valid for 3 months from date of purchase. Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty.
What Are the Conditions of the Warranty?
- If the aquarium/ frag tank is not installed and maintained using a compatible stand purchased from BAO at the same time as the aquarium, this warranty is only valid for 3 months from date of purchase.
- Failure must be the result of a defect in manufacture and not due to improper use, defective material, accident, misuse, abuse or act of Nature. Modification or alteration of the aquarium by drilling, cutting, sawing, gluing anything to, bending, melting, tapping or other similar means voids the warranty.
- Use of a perimeter support stand, even temporarily, voids the warranty. The aquarium or filtration unit bottom must be fully supported on a flat level surface using marine grade plywood at all times. All acrylic products must be installed with a rubber or neoprene based pad no thinner than 1/8” under the product. Use of insulation foam is not appropriate and will void the warranty of the product.
- This warranty is void if the aquarium has been damaged in any way, at anytime; including breakage that occurs after the aquarium is set up that is caused by improper set up or accident.
- This warranty is limited to replacement of the aquarium and does not cover fish loss, personal injury, property loss or direct, incidental or consequential damage arising out of use of this aquarium. BAO liability to the purchaser is limited to the replacement of the tank. By purchasing and operating an aquarium from BAO you acknowledge and accept the risks of any accidents and/or damage arising from misuse, poor maintenance, incorrect setup/installation, and ongoing usage.
- Acrylic bonding of non-museum grade aquariums is subject to occasional bubbles and crazing in the seams; this is to be expected and is not warrantied against. BAO warranties that the actual dimensions will be within ¼ inch of specifications in any/all dimensional perspectives.
- This warranty does not extend to leaks involving bulkheads or connections; these are the sole responsibility of the purchaser and are not warrantied by BAO.
- All bulkheads to external components must be fully supported so weight of plumbing is not exerted on the bulkhead and acrylic. Plumbing perpendicular to external walls must be connected by a flexible line.
- Stands and canopies are excluded from any warranty, expressed or implied.
- If the aquarium is paired with a BAO stand purchased at the same time as the aquarium, defective standard aquariums will be repaired or replaced by BAO, at our option, during the first 24 months from the date of purchase at no additional cost to the purchaser (shipping excluded).
- Under no circumstance will BAO be held responsible for any damages caused by defective products or for incidental or consequential damages, or for loss incurred from manufacture, sale, use, or misuse of these products.
- All components resold by BAO are covered under their respective manufacturers’ warranty, BAO does not warrant any component other than their manufactured products.
How Do You Get Service?
Please contact Building An Obsession within 10 days of the occurrence of the problem. The product must be returned to BAO. We will inspect your product and contact you within 72 hours to give the results of our review. The customer is responsible for all shipping charges.
There is no charge for inspection.
How Does State Law Apply?
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
- Do not use any product that contains ammonia, alcohol, or abrasives such as Windex, Comet, Ajax, Lysol, Vinegar, or other commercial cleaners when cleaning the acrylic surface of your BAO products, this will cause “Crazing”. Only use acrylic approved cleaning products. BAO Does not warrant against “Crazing” or spider cracks – these are caused by incorrect implementation and/or maintenance.
- Protect your aquarium from chemical fumes, including paint, varnish, etc. Use of such cleaners, or exposure to chemical fumes, will cause the acrylic to gradually lose its clarity. In addition, do not use coarse sponges or pads to clean the aquarium. A soft cloth and water or a polish made specifically for acrylic should be used for cleaning.
- High intensity lighting, such as Metal Halide or fluorescents should be installed 14" above the acrylic aquarium top. Fans should be used to provide sufficient air flow through canopies to keep the acrylic aquarium top cool. Failure to follow these recommendations could cause damage to the aquarium top not covered by this warranty.
- Acrylic aquariums will expand, or deflect, when filled with water; allowances of at least 1” in all directions must be allowed for the tank to expand. Failure to do so may result in a rupture due to uneven pressure and is not covered by this warranty
Upon discovery of failure, BAO will repair or replace the aquarium, at our option, per the terms of this
warranty, provided it is returned freight prepaid by the purchaser to:
Building An Obsession
Houston, TX 77018
This warranty is BAO’s sole warranty and sets forth the customers exclusive remedy, with respect to
defective products; all other warranties, express or implied, whether of merchantability, fitness for
purpose, or otherwise are expressly disclaimed by BAO.
Address: City State Zip
Date of Purchase:
You must attach a copy of your receipt for this warranty to be valid and mail it to BAO at the address
listed above. Also, you must retain a copy of your receipt for this warranty to be valid.
Please open and inspect items for damage immediately upon arrival. If an item is damaged in transit please keep the damaged product and all packaging and contact us immediately. The carrier will require all packaging as well as the damaged product for claim processing. You must contact us within 48 hours of delivery of the product or we may choose not to process you damage claim. Do not alter the damaged products in any way including attempting repairs or any actions that may cause further damage to the product as this will invalidate the claim to the carrier.
As long as the steps above are followed we will ship you a new product free of charge including shipping regardless of the end result of the claim with the carrier. Please note that custom products will go back into the queue for scheduling and we will notify you of an new expected ship date. Failure to follow the steps above may cause the denial of you damage claim.
Returns may be made within 10 days of purchase. All items must be return in their original unused state. Items that have been used or altered in any way cannot be accepted. Custom orders are not eligible for return. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs of returning the product and any damages that may occur while shipping the product back to BAO. Original shipping costs are not refundable, only the purchase price of the product. Restocking fees may apply. To request a return, first contact BAO to inform us that you wish to make a return. Only ship the product after you have received confirmation of the return. Products received without prior confirmation will be rejected.